Saturday, December 13, 2008

Written in an apartment

I have now been at my parents place, where I don't need to cook or clean. There is nothing I must do, and I meet my friends, I watch TV all night and sleep all day, I don't worry what will happen because everything I need is right there in front of me, like in childhood when it felt like time was standing still and I started thinking, what is the difference between pure existence I experience at my parents place and all other days when I am at home, studying, stressing, worrying, feeling time flying by.

I am studying, getting money, to pay for apartment, to eat, eat to live, to be able to study. It is not so bad, sometimes there are parties, there are friends, friends in the same situation, but they don't know that yet, because they haven't read this.

If you ask people what they really can't live without, some will answer “friends”, “family”, etc, but many people manage without friends and family, some will say money, and it is true money makes life easier to a certain point, but if you have money and nowhere to live, the first thing your will do is to get an apartment, and the worst thing with poverty is that you can't afford to pay for your apartment.

The point is, if you ask people to imagine that they have lost everything majority will imagine themselves sitting alone in an empty apartment, which is a good indication of what people think is so important that they can't even imagine to loose it.

Apartment is a predicate for our lives, we can't live without it, even though there are homeless people, and even though some survive quite a long time no one really sees those like useful or happy people, and few are eve hostile towards them, because homeless people don't have that magic thing, that thing you can't start purposeful life without.

And if you think about it, we work to pay for it, we decorate it, we invite people to it, we buy new stuff for it, we clean it, we don't live in it, we live for it, because without it we can't imagine to live, and everything else we do is just a way to make it easier to keep doing just that.

But if the only purpose in life is to take care of an apartment, and if some one else can do it instead of me, what is then purpose of me?

No comments: