Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year, from east with love!

Allright, final words this year!

On a personal note, this year has been rather good to me, done some projects, met new people, though not everything turned out as I planed or wished, fortunately I have good people around me that helped me to stay on my feet and supported me when some of these projects did't turn out as I planned, and I learned a lot from the experience.

Regarding the blog, well perhaps I got more sloppy, wrote less insightful posts, less well written, still I am rather happy with it, because this is mostly for my own sake, kind of public notebook, and if anyone does find something they consider interesting that's just a bonus, but I really do hope that there are at least some people that got some thoughts of their own like: is that true?, why is it so?, is it then also true that...? or something of that sort, and if so then this blog has accomplished its purpose. I also noticed in the stats that the very few posts I have written in russian are read more often than posts written in english, perhaps I will write more in russian in the future, because it's always fun when people read what I have written, but also is a good exercise for me.

On that note I can say that I had a interesting observation, lately I have met some people from easter europe, and I had question posed to me by my friend, why they have such disregard for time and authority, and I could't give him a satisfying (for me) answer. Though now I think I could give him one which would be:
People from eastern europe do assume the best, but expect the worst, and nothing is impossible. That is have a tendency of failing forward, with immense energy which is rarely observed over here.
That I think does explain the mentality. I hate to make such statements without backing them up with some examples or some logical explanation, but I thought that I would't elaborate any further at this time, perhaps I will do it in the future, but right now I can't do it without being too personal.

I will certainly be back 2011 with more thoughts and I can say it with certainty, because this year started of rather slow, but at the moment I have several thoughts written down as kind of statements, and I will share them as soon as I find time to write them in an human friendly form, that is not just as statements but as an well formed, logically structured thought.

But for now I wish you all an Happy New Year, and wish you all to find happiness in the coming year if you haven't done so already!

No comments: