Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

When searching for lyrics, that is researching the topic, I always got this in the beginning:
Ha-Ha! Well now we call this the act of mating
But there are several other very important differences
Between human beings and animals that you should know about
Though in every version i'v herd thus far the song begins with:
I'd appreciate your input
And this is my input:

Even without the first quote, but especially with it, I can't interpret the song, and especially with the music video for the song, in any other way then sarcasm and social criticism. I like the raw and brutal way they demonstrate how wrong this view is. I have only one problem with it:

Peoples world view today is bent backwards to such extent, that they actually interpret the song literally and think that's right and dig it not for the sarcasm, but for how things are or ought to be, and that is just sick.

Why is it sick? Because it validates the claim religious people make, namely that there is no morality without God, and especially without their particular religious text, and it also undermines all arguments by atheists such as Richard Dawkins, that being atheist does not mean one acts like an animal, because let's face it, why stop at sex? Why not kill some guy to get his girlfriend (no the girlfriend has no right to decide, males are stronger), form groups and go around fighting and killing other groups for territorial control and resources, hierarchy within the group e.t.c; just mammals.

And that's the horrible part, too many young (and not so young) understand song like this one, and similar things not as sarcasm but as things are or should be, because they are intelligent, they know about evolution, hence it must be so, nothing but mammals. And until those "intelligent" people understand that being ape descendant does not mean that it is normal to act like an ape, they should at least stop bitching about religion, because they themselves only give reasons for it.

And what makes me really scared, is that I look around me, and I see people listening to this song, I see how they act, what they say, how they react to the song, and I am sure they do not think bout this song as social criticism and sarcasm, and looking at all this I myself can not even be sure the song was intended as such, or if it just was intended to appeal to wide audience.

Don't try to kill religion, it will die of by itself when there is no longer need for it, but for now it is here to stay, and rightfully so because the country is turning into a god damn zoo. Don't like it? Then teach your children something more than how to work and consume!

And this is the most Christmas spirit I could squeeze out of me this year.
Happy birthday Jesus, there is still room for you in this world!
And Marry Christmas to all readers!

No comments: